The Highlights of Union Budget 2021 are as follows
3 Most Important Theme of Union Budget 2020-21
The themes of the budget are Aspirational India, Economic development for all, and Caring Society.
Aspirational India is the country with better standards of life with health access, jobs and education for all section of the society.
Economic development for all
“Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas”.
Caring Society or Antyodaya as an article of faith.
These three themes are held by Corruption less and policy driven governance.
Three Components of Aspirational India
1. Agriculture and Rural development
2. Wellness of people, providing water to all and Sanitation to all.
3. Education and development of skills
Agriculture, Irrigation and Rural Development in 2020-21
Reforms or Sixteen Action points for Agriculture, Rural and Irrigation in Union Budget 2020-21
- A total of ₹ 2.83 Lakh crores has allocated for this 16 Action points.
- For Agriculture, Irrigation & allied activities ₹ 1.23 Lakh crores has been allocated.
- For the development of Panchayat rat and Rural development ₹ 1.23 lakh crore is allocated.
- A target of ₹15 Lakh crore has been set for the Agriculture credit for the year 2020-21.
- Under the KCC Scheme, PM-Kisan beneficiaries also proposed to be covered.
- Further expansion of Re-finance scheme “NABARD”.
- Lot of comprehensive measure for 100 water deficient district.
- To achieve 16 action points for Agriculture, Irrigation and Rural Development, a sum of Rs 2.83 Lakh Crore is to be allocated.
- For Agriculture and Rural Development Rs 1.6 Lakh Crore is to be allocated.
- In that Rs 2.83 Lakh Crore, Rs 1.23 Lakh Crore is allocated for the Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (Local Government in Villages).
Agriculture Credit in Union Budget 2020-21
- For the year 2020-21 , a target of Rs 15 Lakh Crore is set for Agriculture Credit.
- KCC scheme covers PM-KISAN beneficiaries.
- Expansion of NABARD Re-Finance Scheme.
- Proposal for comprehensive measure for 100 water stressed districts.
Blue Economy in Union Budget 2020-21
- By 2024-25, Rs 1 Lakh Crore Fisheries products exports to be achieved.
- By 2022-23, the targeted Fish production to be increased by 200 Lakh tonnes.
Kisan Rail in Union Budget 2020-21
- Through PPP(Public Private Partnership) mode Kisan Rail to be setup.
- For Perishable item such as milk, meat, fish etc, National cold storage supply chain will be build.
- Refrigerated coaches in Express and Freight trains.
Krishi Udaan in Union Budget 2020-21
- Krishi Udaan is a part of Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- The coverage is both national and internation routes.
- Realization of improved value of agri-products by North-East and Tribal Districts.
One Products One District
- The aim is to improve export and marketing of Horticulture products.
- Innovation fertilizers and traditional organic fertilizers to be balancly used.
- Organic, natural and integrated farming measures to be taken.
- Organic products market to be strengthened by online nation portal Jaivik Kheti.
Zero Budget Natural Farming in Union Budget 2020-21
- It is mensioned in July 2019-20 Budget is also included in this budget.
- In rain fed areas, the integrated farming system is to be expanded.
- In the non-crop seasons, solar energy production, bee-keeping, Multi-tier cropping in the farm fields.
PM-KUSUM in Union Budget 2020-21
- Expansion of solar agricultural pumps (PM-KUSUM).
- Stand alone solar pumps to be provided for 20 Lakh farmers.
Village Storage Scheme in Union Budget 2020-21
- Village storage scheme to be implemented by the Self Help Groups(SHG) to provide farmers a good holding capacity and also to reduce the logistics costs.
- Dhanya Lakshi scheme, for Women SHG under Village Storage Scheme.
Livestock in Union Budget 2020-21
- Bu 2025, doubling of capacity of milk processing by 108 million metric tonnes.
- The present artificial insemination of 30% is to be increase by 70%.
- Fodder farms to be developed by MNREGS.
- By 2025, disease in cattles such Foot and Mouth Diseases, Brucellosis in cattle and Peste Des Petits Ruminants (PPR) in cow, sheeps, goats etc to be eliminated.
Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana in Union Budget 2020-21
- For Poverty alleviation, 0.5 crore household are part of 58 lakh SHG.
Wellness, Water and Sanitation in Union Budget 2020-21
- For Healthcare sector, a overall sum of Rs 69,00 crore is allocated.
- PMJAY(PM Jan Arogya Yojana), Rs 6400 crore allocated.
- PMJAY(PM Jan Arogya Yojana) adopted by more than 20,00 hospitals.
- Proposal of Viability Gap Funding window for building hospitals through PPP mode.
- In the first phase, district with no Ayshman enabled hospitals to be covered.
- For Swachh bharat mission 2020-21, Rs 12,300 crore is allocated.
- To sustain ODF (Open defecation Free) behaviour, committment to ODF plus.
- Management of Grey water and liquid.
- Segregation and processing of Solid Waste Collection.